It’s been a wild winter in Central Oregon so far and many of you may be wondering, how does the weather affect my eyelash extensions? Winter eyelash extension care doesn’t vary too much from the rest of the year, but there are precautions and actions to take to preserve their quality this season.
Winter Eyelash Extension Care
Eyelash extensions are very durable. Once applied to your natural lash, the extension stays put until your natural lash sheds, which is normal and occurs naturally. In the winter, the timeframe for your natural lash cycle basically remains the same, but the dry weather can have an effect. Dry skin can affect the condition of your natural lashes, causing them to fall out more frequently than other times of the year. One of the most important factors in maintaining the quality of your eyelash extensions comes in maintaining a healthy skin care routine all year long.
A healthy skin care routine includes using plenty of moisturizer throughout the year. Well-moisturized skin leads to stronger, healthier natural lashes. With stronger natural lashes, your eyelash extensions have a stronger base to hold onto and should last longer during times of extreme winter weather. Take these tips into consideration when planning your winter eyelash extension care routine:
- Avoid rubbing your eyes with your hands or a towel. Gently dab your eyes in order to avoid losing or damaging eyelash extensions.
- Wait until the eyelash extension adhesive has set completely before going for a swim or sitting in a hot sauna. Give lashes time to set and then you’ll be good to go!
- Avoid using any oil-based products on your lashes as these can break down and damage the adhesive.
- Eat healthy. A healthy body produces healthy eyelashes. By eating foods that are rich in proteins and vitamins A, B, C and E, this helps promote lashes that are healthier and stronger.
- Remove makeup nightly. While it may be tempting to just fall into bed without removing your makeup at night, resist the temptation! When eye makeup settles on lashes, they may become dry and brittle, which could lead to breakage.
As with any season of the year, it’s important to take good care of your eyelash extensions, as well as your body and skin. Healthy bodies help improve the quality of your skin and natural eyelashes. With healthy natural eyelashes comes eyelash extension longevity.
Have more questions about winter eyelash extension care? Reach out to Penny Lash! We’re happy to answer any questions you may have.